Jan Ruckert Scholarship
Gestalt Therapy has from its inception been committed to the growth and lively engagement of both individuals and communities. This demands that we engage in mutual contact with each and every one of our voices in the field. To engage in dialogue from our varied perspectives, to include the populations which make up this complex Los Angeles culture, we want to encourage the training of therapists who come from, identify with, and bring awareness to their unique communities. With this goal in mind, GTILA is seeking to make affordable superior training in the theory and practice of Gestalt Therapy by providing scholarships to therapists who are members of our historically underserved racial and ethnic minorities.
GTILA is providing four full-tuition scholarships to either the Gestalt Associates Training Los Angeles (GATLA) or Pacific Gestalt Institute (PGI) multi-weekend gestalt training programs. The due date for the application is September 1, 2023.
Jan Ruckert was a beloved friend and guiding contributor to the Gestalt Therapy Institute of Los Angeles from the early 1970s until her death in 2017. She served as President, member of the Board of Directors, and trainer for GTILA, teaching, mentoring, and supporting hundreds of Gestalt therapists in Southern California and beyond. Her generous testamentary bequest makes this scholarship possible.
- Applicants must identify as a Person of Color (i.e., being a member of the Black, Lantinx, Indigenous, or Asian/Pacific Islander communities).
- Applicants must be a resident of Los Angeles County.
- Applicants must intend to study with one of our affiliated training programs (GATLA [Gestalt Associates Training Los Angeles] and PGI [Pacific Gestalt Institute]).
- Applicants must hold a Professional or Associate License from the California Board of Behavioral Sciences or the California Board of Psychology, or be currently enrolled in a Psy.D. or Psychology Ph.D. program.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applications for the Jan Ruckert Scholarship will be considered only upon confirmation that the Scholarship Applicant’s request to be admitted to the affiliated training program has been received and reviewed by the training program. GTILA has no role and does not participate in the process of admission to the affiliated training programs.
To apply, please complete the form below.
Jan Ruckert Scholarship Fund Application
© 2017 GTILA
Gestalt Therapy Institute of Los Angeles | PO Box 175 - Lomita, CA 90717 | email@example.com