The purpose of GTILA includes:
- Promoting the application of gestalt therapy principles;
- Promoting a dialogue on gestalt therapy theory within the gestalt therapy community;
- Promoting a dialogue between gestalt therapy and other theories;
- Functioning as a catalyst for community building and as a support network for its members;
- Promoting quality of standards concerning the clinical application of gestalt therapy.
GTILA presents a series of salons which provide an opportunity to learn about some aspect of Gestalt Therapy in a relaxed, informal setting. Salons are free and participants may receive CEUs for a minimal fee. All people interested in Gestalt Therapy are welcome to attend Salons. GTILA does not discriminate in its education or membership activities based on race, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
GTILA maintains the Arnold R. Beisser, M.D. Scholarship Fund, a philanthropic program to support trainees who have enrolled for gestalt therapy training and can demonstrate financial need. In addition, GTILA hosts a variety of social events for the Gestalt community and publishes a yearly directory of its members.
Benefits of Membership
© 2017 GTILA
Gestalt Therapy Institute of Los Angeles | PO Box 175 - Lomita, CA 90717 | firstname.lastname@example.org